Kia India has announced the launch of the EV6 in India and has set a price of Rs 59.95 lakh for the two-wheel drive variant and Rs 64.95 lakh for the all-wheel drive variant four wheels, both based on the EV6 GT line. Interestingly, the Kia EV6 electric car has already been sold in India. Initially, the company had opened reserves for 100 units in India, but after a good response, the company registered 355 reserves. Kia said it would try to increase deliveries to the more than 100 units initially decided, but did not clarify exactly how many units this new number will be. EV6 deliveries, meanwhile, would begin in September 2022. Kia has also said it will invest in building an electric vehicle charging infrastructure in India.
Recently, Kia India announced that bookings for the Kia EV6 have started in India. The EV6 can be booked for Rs 3 lakh and is said to be only available at 15 dealerships in 12 cities across India. These 15 distributors will have a 150 kW charger. EV6 customers will receive a 22 kW charger that the company will install at the location of your choice. In addition, the car can also be booked online at the official Kia website. Kia says the EV6 will be marketed as a fully built unit (CBU).
Features of the Kia EV6
– Multiple charging system that works with 400V and 800V chargers without the need for an additional controller.
– Vehicle charging (V2L): Allows the Kia EV6 to power other devices (enough to power a medium-sized home air conditioning system) using two-way charging technology.
– Dual engine all-wheel drive (AWD) system.
– Driving modes: Normal, Sporty, Eco
– Regenerative braking system: the EV6 is equipped with six levels of regenerative braking (none, from 1 to 3, “i-PEDAL” or automatic mode). The “i-PEDAL” driving mode allows the car to extract the maximum energy from its brakes and the driver to stop the vehicle without having to press the brake pedal.
– 12.3-inch dual curved display
– Meridian audio system with 14 speakers
– Electric solar roof
– Relaxation seats for the driver and passenger: the front seats can recline to a “zero gravity position”.
– Storage capacity of 1300 liters with the rear seats folded down
– Augmented reality (AR) front screen: projects the driving information on the windshield, in the driver’s field of vision. The system displays Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) alerts, vehicle speed details, and step-by-step navigation instructions.
– Smart electric tailgate: Automatically opens the tailgate in 3 seconds when the smart key is detected behind the car.
– Smart Cruise Control (SCC): It has the Stop and Go function that basically detects the vehicle in front and adapts to its speed in cruise control mode.
Performance Kia EV6
The Indian version of the EV6 is equipped with a 77.4 kWh lithium ion battery, which generates 229 hp in the 2WD version and 325 hp in the AWD version. In terms of range, Kia announces 528 kilometers according to the combined cycle WLTP. The Kia EV6 goes from 0 to 100 km / h in 5.2 seconds.
Interior Kia EV6
The EV6 has two LED headlights with an adaptive driving beam system that adjusts automatically to prevent dazzling oncoming vehicles. It also includes an LED backlight design connected with sequential indicators. The door handles are level and extend when needed. The Kia EV6 also comes with 19-inch alloy wheels.
Security Kia EV6
The EV6 has 8 airbags as standard, four-wheel disc brakes, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Slope Start Assist Control HAC), collision braking aid (MCBA), anti-lock braking system (ABS). ), brake assist system (BAS), emergency stop signal (ESS), front and rear parking sensors and ISOFIX child restraints. Features of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) include:
– Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA): Use the front view camera and radar to detect vehicles, pedestrians or cyclists in front, avoiding or reducing the severity of an accident by automatically warning the driver and braking. FCA also includes Junction Turning, which helps the driver take curves by detecting oncoming vehicles in a collision course. It is also equipped with Rear Cross Traffic Prevention Assist (RCTA) which warns the driver of a vehicle coming in the opposite direction when reversing and automatically helps to brake in the event of an emergency if a collision is detected.
– Safe Exit Assist (SEA): Automatically activates child lock with a warning sound when an occupant tries to open their door as a vehicle approaches from behind.
– Blind-spot collision avoidance assist (BCA): warns the driver if there is a risk of collision with a vehicle located at its blind spot.
– Lane maintenance assistance (LKA): ensures that the car does not inadvertently deviate from its lane.
– Driver Attention Warning (DAW): Analyzes the driver’s attention level and issues a warning while driving. The driver’s attention level is shown in 5 graduated levels. When the level of attention falls below “low” (level 1), it is recommended to pause.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and live updates from IPL 2022 here.