Officially launched a week ago, the website imagined and designed by Ruthenian Damien Calmels has something to captivate fans of the discipline with its statistics. And other features will enrich it soon.
joI had to start “, acknowledges Damien Calmels. The Ruthenian bowler launched the website just a week ago QD8.fr. An idea that came to him last year and that allows him to cultivate his passion for bowling beyond the slopes. Combining his work as a computer scientist and his appetite for numbers, this project sticks to his skin like sand at the end of a game.
The site is full of all sorts of figures: dates, records, results, collective and individual statistics. But basically it was more of an archival story. “Last year I came across the files of Marín Nogaret, in Trauc, and I wanted to digitize them so that these files last, but also to share them.”says Damien Calmels.
Nearly fifty years of paper files
Marin Nogaret, player of the Sport quilles ruthénois, individual French champion in 1991 and champion of excellence for teams in 1979, 1985, 1986, 1989, as well as the years 1975, 1976 and 1977 under the colors of Magrin has done an impressive job of archiving. . He cut out and saved all the articles on bowling that appeared in the newspapers between the 1940s and the mid-1990s. A gold mine for lovers of the discipline.
These scans are not yet online, as the Ruthenian bowler hopes to have a full year ready to do so. But the tab should appear soon, along with some of Damien Calmels’ many ideas.
Any bowling player with a competitive spirit, or who likes to at least keep an eye on his performances and those of others, will surely stay in the statistics section. For now, Internet users can dissect the best individual results in a game or in teams in a round. Or the total number of games with more than 50 pins played so far and the ranking of clubs by number of pins knocked down. But this is just the beginning. “I already have about twenty more prepared statistics, add computer, I think I’ll break them down over the weeks at the end of the season. “
A collaborative project
The records section is also designed to evolve. Already very practical to analyze an opportunity of exploitation in the field when you do not have neither the small booklet of the National Committee in the pocket, nor the necessary memory, this section could soon receive more unusual facts. “In addition to national records, I’d like to try to set them by field and by category, for example. A bit like NBA stats.”
This is just one idea among many. And since the initial engine of the project is sharing, Damien Calmels hopes that the site can benefit from the help of anyone who wants it and that it also has files to bring to light. “It would be good for the national and departmental award lists to be able to add photos of the podiums, or even letters, to have the details of the matches.”details the Ruthenian, who has just brought his keel to the building for the development of the discipline.
Where to see bowling on Sunday, May 15th?
– Espalion receives the Male Elite. At 8:30 a.m. Promotion A, at 10.15 am. Honor, at 2 p.m. Excellence and at 3.45 pm. Promotion B.
– Sant Amans receives the League and the Women’s Elite. At 9.00 am Excellence and Women’s Honor, at 10.15 am Essor C, at 2 pm Essor B, and at 3.45 pm Essor A.
– Sainte-Geneviève receives the district Aubrac Olt Viadène. At 8.30 am the first cycle, at 10.15 am the third cycle, at 2 pm the young people, at 3.15 pm the young people and women, and at 4.30 pm the second cycle.
– The Primaube receives the district Céor Lagast. At 8.30 am the first cycle, at 10.15 am the third cycle, at 2.30 pm young people and women, at 3.45 pm the second cycle.
– The monastery receives the district of Lévézou. At 8.30 am the first cycle, at 10.15 am the third cycle, at 2 pm the young people, at 3.15 pm the young people and women, and at 4.30 pm the second cycle.
– Severac receives the district of Palanges Comtal. At 8.30 am the first cycle, at 10.15 am the third cycle, at 2 pm young people, at 3.15 pm young people and women, and at 4.30 pm the second cycle.
– Limayrac receives the district of Ségala. At 8.30 am the first cycle, at 10.15 am the third cycle, at 2 pm young people, at 3.15 pm young people and women, and at 4.30 pm the second cycle.
– Saint Kitts receives the district of Vallon Dourdou. At 8.30 am the first cycle, at 10.15 am the third cycle, at 2.30 pm young people and women, at 3.45 pm the second cycle.
The folds of the weekend
On Sunday 15 May, the Vallon Dourdou district will have priority over the Campuac kilometer in case of withdrawal due to bad weather conditions. The Trauc would host the first series in the neighborhood of La Ségala, which would be refereed by the series to be played in the next round. The afternoon would be reserved for young people and women Ségala. Same configuration at the kilometer of Trémouilles for the district of Lévézou. And finally, the juvenile and female categories of the Aubrac Olt Viadène district could fall back to the covered enclosure of Espalion.