To have permanent visibility, professionals create their website. But the benefits of a site do not stop there. If developed properly, it can help to acquire new patients and then retain them. Simplify contact between you and your customers. It weaves a bond of trust between professional and patient, and thus gives you credibility. It also allows you to inform your site visitors about your field of activity by posting popular medical articles.
How to create a professional website?
It’s not always easy to know where to go to create a site. There are now many tools and many companies on offer to support you in this digital transition. But keep in mind that you have the option to create your own storefront. Here are three main ways to develop a site to find the solution that works for you.
Use CMS to create your own site
CMS stands for Content Management System. In French, this gives “content management system”. This is online authoring software that allows you to create and update your own site without having to master the code. There are dozens (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla !, etc.), and each has its own specifics and price. Costs also vary depending on the options you choose.
Keep in mind that many web professionals work with CMS. They are reliable tools, but they can sometimes be difficult to learn.
Use independent service providers
You may not have time to design your site from A to Z. Be aware that at each stage, you can turn to freelancers specializing in web design. The web designer takes care of the look of the site. The web developer programs and encodes the structure previously created to make the site work. You can also call a web publisher to write optimized content; a graphic designer of unique logos and images; a UX designer to work on ergonomics and user experience.
These service providers can work with you in the long run and therefore ensure that your site is maintained. In terms of prices, you need to compare them carefully, because there are many freelance web experts, some specializing in a single field and others more general.
Go through a web agency
Web agencies mostly include all trades related to the web (design, development, designer, copywriting, SEO, etc.). The main advantage of the agencies is that all the work to be done is in the hands of the company itself. In terms of prices, it can vary between 1000 euros and 100,000 euros depending on the features you want to integrate into your site.
Keep in mind that some agencies specialize in areas such as natural reference, e-commerce sites, and more. Learn about these topics before entrusting the design of your website to a more traditional so-called agency.
The ideal solution is one that combines the quality services of a web agency and the ability to stay independent in the management of your site, thanks to an easy-to-use tool. That’s why Caducee.net recommends Simplébo.
The steps to follow to design a modern and efficient medical site
Your website is the digital front of your business. It should look like you and legitimize your medical activity and experience in this field. To ensure a loyal clientele, here are the steps you should not take.
Structure your content
What topics will you cover on your site? How many different pages will it take to develop these topics? How will you structure your content on these pages?
These are the first questions you should ask yourself when designing. To do this, you need to list your needs and categorize them into broad categories. An efficiently structured site enhances the browsing experience of your users who may become future patients. Here is a non-exhaustive list of pages that any professional site should contain:
– a home page, to present your site and its goals;
– an “envelope” page to introduce yourself and talk about your work;
– a contact page that provides information about your contact details (office address, phone number, email, hours, prices, etc.) and allows you to make a medical appointment using a form;
– a blog, which brings together popular scientific articles to inform your patients about your profession;
– a legal notice page, which is mandatory and can be easily created from the CMS.
Once you’ve drawn this tree structure, you can start thinking about writing your content.
Create an original design
The visual aspect of your website is very important. A beautiful place allows you to attest to your seriousness and professionalism. It should also reflect your profession and the main message you want to convey to your clients. For example, the position of a plumber will not be the same as that of an osteopath or physiotherapist.
To make your patients feel comfortable browsing your site, here are some tips:
– Choose a harmonious color palette that suits you. If you already have a logo, use its colors to create your graphic letter palette. Alternatively, pallet generators are available online.
– Choose fonts that are easy to read. Your patients are here to learn about the medical services they offer. Optimize your experience using simple sources. We recommend a maximum of 2 to 3 fonts for your site.
– Write unique content. Because search engines do not support content duplication. Then because your patients come looking for information about you as a professional, not about your competitor.
– Add images, videos, original visuals, etc. They allow you to structure your pages by representing your words. We recommend that you include pictures of your practice or even a portrait of yourself. This helps future patients get an idea of who you are and where they might go when they make an appointment.
Choose an easy-to-remember domain name
The domain name is the Internet address that users will need to enter to access your site directly. We recommend that you opt for a simple name that is easier for your patients to remember.
For example: “www.cardiologue-toulusain.fr”.
Make sure the name is available on the INPI website.
Make sure your website is technically efficient
In order to get the best performance, the technical parameters come into play, these are the ones you should keep in mind:
– The host or server hosting your site. Make a comparison of the different hosts in the market and the options they offer.
– Responsive design, which allows you to adapt your site to different types of screens (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.). Also, make sure that your site is suitable for all users (visually impaired, etc.).
– The security of your site. Every day robots try to hack sites. No gaps should allow them to enter your site. To protect your data and that of your patients, you must protect your site.
To create or redesign your website, contact Simplébo, a partner of Caducee.net, and benefit from a 10% discount on your immediate subscription.